Place:


Clixby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Clixby like this:

CLIXBY, a chapelry in Caistor parish, Lincoln; on the Wolds, 2 miles N by W of Caistor, and 4½ ENE of North Kelsey r. station. Post town, Caistor. Real property, £1, 890. Pop., 27. Houses, 5. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Caistor, in the diocese of Lincoln.

Clixby through time

Clixby is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Clixby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Clixby, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11942

Date accessed: 06th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Clixby ".