Place:


Camblesforth  West Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Camblesforth like this:

CAMBLESFORTH, a township in Drax parish, W. R. Yorkshire; between the rivers Ouse and Aire, 2½ miles N of Snaith. It has a post office under Selby. Acres, 1,466. Real property, £2,017. Pop., 322. Houses, 72. Camblesforth Hall belongs to SirBlois, Bart.

Camblesforth through time

Camblesforth is now part of Selby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Selby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Camblesforth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Camblesforth, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11934

Date accessed: 06th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Camblesforth ".