Place:


Cawkwell  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cawkwell like this:

CAWKWELL, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 6½ miles SW of Legbourne r. station, and 7 N of Horncastle. Post Town, Scamblesby, under Horncastle. Acres, 540. Real property, £870. Pop., 36. Houses, 7. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £46. Patron, Lord Yarborough. The church is good.

Cawkwell through time

Cawkwell is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cawkwell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cawkwell, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11917

Date accessed: 26th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cawkwell ".