Place:


Carrington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carrington like this:

CARRINGTON, a parochial chapelry in Boston district, Lincoln; in the fens, 4 miles NE of Langrick r. station, and 7½ N of Boston. Post Town, New-Bolingbroke, under Boston. Acres, 2,660. Real property, £5,056. Pop., 197. Houses, 28. It was formerly a township of Helpringham; but was made parochial on the draining of Wildman ien in 1812, and named after Lord Carrington, the principal proprietor. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £86. Patrons, certain Trustees.

Carrington through time

Carrington is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carrington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carrington, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11915

Date accessed: 25th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Carrington ".