Place:


Carlton Scroop  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carlton Scroop like this:

CARLTON-SCROOP, a parish in Grantham district, Lincoln; on a branch of the river Witham, 2¾ miles W of Ancaster r. station, and 6 NNE of Grantham. It has a post office under Grantham. Acres, 1,342. Real property, £2,937. Pop., 266. Houses, 53. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £386.* Patron, alt. Earl Brownlow and two others. The church is good. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £13.

Carlton Scroop through time

Carlton Scroop is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Carlton Scroop itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carlton Scroop, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11909

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Carlton Scroop ".