Place:


Canwick  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Canwick like this:

CANWICK, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; on the Gainsborough and Boston railway, within the borough, and 1½ mile SE of the town, of Lincoln. Post Town, Lincoln. Acres, returned with Lincoln city. Real property, £5,223. Pop., 228. Houses, 42. The property is not much divided. Canwick House is the seat of the Sibthorpes. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £231.* Patrons, the Mercers' Company. The church is Norman. Charities, £13.

Canwick through time

Canwick is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Canwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Canwick, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11896

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Canwick ".