Place:


Cherry Burton  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cherry Burton like this:

BURTON-CHERRY, a parish in Beverley district, E. R. Yorkshire; near the Hull and Bridlington railway, 3 miles NW by W of Beverley. It has a post office, of the name of Cherry-Burton, under Beverley. Acres, 3,661. Real property, £5,642. Pop., 502. Houses, 106. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £87.* Patron,Bramwell, Esq. The church is recent, in the early decorated English style: and consists of nave, north aisle, and chancel, with a tower.

Cherry Burton through time

Cherry Burton is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cherry Burton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cherry Burton, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11877

Date accessed: 19th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cherry Burton ".