Place:


Bulmer  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bulmer like this:

BULMER, a township, a parish, a subdistrict, and a wapentake in N. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on an affluent of the river Derwent, 3 miles WNW of Barton-Hill r. station, and 6½ SW by W of New Malton. Acres, 1,430. Real property, £2,115. Pop., 345. Houses, 79. The parish contains also the townships of Henderskelf and Welburn; the latter of which has a post office under York. ...


Acres, 3,800. Real property, £4,893. Pop., 1,077. Houses, 227. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of York. Value, £395.* Patron, Earl Fitzwilliam. The church is good. The subdistrict is in the district of Malton, and contains four parishes and parts of two others. Acres, 21,222. Pop., 4,074. Houses, 832. The wapentake contains thirty-three parishes and parts of seven others. Acres, 107,723. Pop. in 1851, 21,252; in 1861, 24,257. Houses, 4,855.

Bulmer through time

Bulmer is now part of Ryedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Ryedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bulmer itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bulmer, in Ryedale and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11832

Date accessed: 08th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bulmer ".