Place:


Burringham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Burringham like this:

BURRINGHAM, a township in Bottesford parish, Lincoln; on the river Trent, 5½ miles NE of Epworth. It has a post office under Bawtry. Acres, 2,120. Real property, £3,063. Pop., 632. Houses, 141. It ranked formerly as a chapelry under the vicarage of Bottesford; and it has a recently erected church, and two Methodist chapels. Brick-making is carried on.

Burringham through time

Burringham is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Burringham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Burringham in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11809

Date accessed: 27th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Burringham ".