Place:


Bullington  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bullington like this:

BULLINGTON, a chapelry in Goltho parish, Lincoln; 2 miles W of Wragby, and 3 E by N of Langworth r. station. Post Town, Wragby. Acres, 760. Real property, £952. Pop., 44. Houses, 6. A Gilbertine priory and convent were founded here, in the time of Stephen, by Simon Fitzwilliam; and given, at the dissolution, to the Duke of Suffolk. The living is annexed to Goltho donative in the diocese of Lincoln.

Bullington through time

Bullington is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bullington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bullington, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11806

Date accessed: 22nd July 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bullington".