Place:


Bucknall  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bucknall like this:

BUCKNALL, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; on an affluent of the Witham river, 2¾ miles ENE of Southrey r. station, and 6½ W of Horncastle. Post Town, Stixwold, under Horncastle. Acres, 2,471. Real property, £2,874. Pop., 406. Houses, 86. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £231.* Patron, Lord Monson. The church is good; and there are two Methodist chapels, a free school, and charities £18.

Bucknall through time

Bucknall is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bucknall itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bucknall, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11801

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bucknall ".