Place:


Brothertoft  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brothertoft like this:

BROTHERTOFT, a chapelry in Kirton parish, Lincoln; 2 miles SSW of Langrick r. station, and 4½ WNW of Boston. Post Town, Boston. Acres, 900. Real property, £1,867. Pop., 124. Houses, 23. The living is a donative in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £150. Patron, T. Gee, Esq. Charities, £43.

Brothertoft through time

Brothertoft is now part of Boston district. Click here for graphs and data of how Boston has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brothertoft itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brothertoft, in Boston and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11768

Date accessed: 01st October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brothertoft ".