Place:


Brinkhill  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brinkhill like this:

BRINKHILL, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; 3 miles WSW of Alford r. station, and 5½ NNW of Spilsby. Post Town, Ulceby. Acres, 780. Real property, £1,333. Pop., 175. Houses, 37. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £137. Patron, Col. Cracroft. The church is good; and there are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £8.

Brinkhill through time

Brinkhill is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brinkhill itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brinkhill, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11766

Date accessed: 20th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brinkhill ".