Place:


Brigsley  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Brigsley like this:

BRIGSLEY, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; 3 miles WSW of Holton-le-Clay r. station, and 5 S by W of Great Grimsby. Post Town, Waltham, under Grimsby. Acres, 860. Real property, £1,647. Pop., 152. Houses, 35. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £60. Patron, Southwell Collegiate Church. The church is good.

Brigsley through time

Brigsley is now part of North East Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North East Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Brigsley itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Brigsley in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11764

Date accessed: 25th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Brigsley ".