Place:


Bratoft  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bratoft like this:

BRATOFT, or Braytoft, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the East Lincoln railway, 1 mile SW of Burgh station, and 4½ E by S of Spilsby. Post Town, Burgh, under Boston. Acres, 1,814. Real property, £3,073. Pop., 280. Houses, 55. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £255.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church comprises nave and aisles, with clerestory; contains an ancient font; and has, over the chancel arch, a contemporary painting of the defeat of the Armada.

Bratoft through time

Bratoft is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bratoft itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bratoft, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11756

Date accessed: 21st September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bratoft ".