Place:


Braceborough  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Braceborough like this:

BRACEBOROUGH, a parish in Stamford district, Lincoln; on the river Glen, and on the Bourne and Essendine railway, 3 miles NE of Essendine, and 3¼ SW of Bourne. It includes Shillingthorpe hamlet; and has a station, of the name of Braceborough Spa, on the railway; and its Post Town is Thurlby, under Bourne. Acres, 2,230. Real property, £2,628. Pop., 220. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £160.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. There is a private lunatic asylum.

Braceborough through time

Braceborough is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Braceborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Braceborough, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11746

Date accessed: 08th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Braceborough ".