Place:


Blyton  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Blyton like this:

BLYTON, a village and a parish in Gainsborough district, Lincoln. The village stands near the Manchester and Lincolnshire railway, 4½ miles NE of Gainsborough; and has a station on the railway, and a post office under Gainsborough. The parish includes also the hamlet of Wharton.-Acres, 2,830. ...


Real property, £6,719. Pop., 746. Houses, 171. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £399.* Patron, the Earl of Scarborough. The church is good; and there are two Methodist chapels, and a school with £20 of endowed income.

Blyton through time

Blyton is now part of West Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Blyton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Blyton, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11738

Date accessed: 22nd September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Blyton ".