Place:


Beckingham  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beckingham like this:

BECKINGHAM, a parish in the district of Newark and county of Lincoln; on the river Witham, 3½ s N of Claypole r. station, and 5 E of Newark. It includes the hamlet of Sutton; and has a post office under Newark. Acres, 2,200. Real property, £4,290. Pop., 431. Houses, 105. The property is not much divided. Th. living is a rectory, united with the p. curacies of Strag glesthorpe and Fenton, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £697.* Patron, the Rev. G. Marsland. The church was recently restored. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Beckingham through time

Beckingham is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beckingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beckingham, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11542

Date accessed: 16th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beckingham ".