Place:


Beeford  East Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beeford like this:

BEEFORD, a township in the district of Driffield, and a parish in the districts of Driffield, Skirlaugh, and Bridlington, E. R. Yorkshire. The township lies on the Beverley and Barmston drain, 4½ miles SSE of Lowthorpe r. station, and 7 ESE of Great Driffield; and has a post office‡ under Hull. ...


Acres, 3,470. Real property, £5,021. Pop., 808. Houses, 183. The parish includes also the townships of Dunnington and Lissett. Acres, 5,461. Real property, inclusive of Little Kelk, £8,452. Pop., 1,006. Houses, 221. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Lissett, in the diocese of York. Value, £779.* Patron, the Archbishop of York. The church is perpendicular English, with a fine tower; and has an oaken screen, ancient stalls, and a brass of 1472. There are an Independent chapel, and two Methodist chapels.

Beeford through time

Beeford is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Beeford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beeford, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11541

Date accessed: 06th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Beeford ".