Place:


Barnetby le Wold  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barnetby le Wold like this:

BARNETBY-LE-WOLD, a parish in Glanford-Brigg district, Lincoln; on the Manchester and Lincolnshire railway, 3¾ miles NE of Brigg. It has a station, of the name of Barnetby, on the railway, and a post office, of the same name, under Ulceby. Acres, 1,630. Real property, £4,334. Pop., 828. Houses, 186. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £400.* Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is early English. There are three dissenting chapels.

Barnetby le Wold through time

Barnetby le Wold is now part of North Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barnetby le Wold itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barnetby le Wold in North Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11506

Date accessed: 12th August 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barnetby le Wold ".