Place:


East Barkwith  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described East Barkwith like this:

BARKWITH (East), a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; 3½ miles NE of Wragby, and 5½ E by S of Wickenby r. station. Post Town, Wragby. Acres, 990. Real property, £1,776. Pop., 387. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to G. F. Heneage, Esq. Living, a rectory in the dio. of Lincoln. Value, £230.* Patrons, Dean and Chap. of Lincoln. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

East Barkwith through time

East Barkwith is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about East Barkwith itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of East Barkwith, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11502

Date accessed: 26th January 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " East Barkwith ".