Place:


Barholm  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Barholm like this:

BARHOLM, a parish in Stamford district, Lincoln; on the Glen river, near the Great Northern railway, 2¾ miles SSE of Corby station, and 3½ WNW of Market Deeping. Post Town, Market-Deeping. Acres, 1,230. Real property, £1,876. Pop., 192. Houses, 42. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Stowe, in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £147. Patrons, the Trustees of Oakham and Uppingham schools. The church is good.

Barholm through time

Barholm is now part of South Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Barholm itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Barholm, in South Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11500

Date accessed: 21st October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Barholm ".