Place:


Walton Cardiff  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walton Cardiff like this:

WALTON-CARDIFF, a parish in Tewkesbury district, Gloucester; 1 mile SE by E of Tewkesbury r. station. Post town, Tewkesbury. Acres, 650. Real property, £1,287. Pop., 70. Houses, 14. There is a mineral spring. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £56. Patron, All Souls College, Oxford. The church was recently rebuilt

Walton Cardiff through time

Walton Cardiff is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walton Cardiff itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walton Cardiff, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11433

Date accessed: 28th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walton Cardiff ".