Place:


Ashby cum Fenby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashby Cum Fenby like this:

ASHBY-WITH-FENBY, a parish in Caistor district, Lincoln; on the Wolds. 3 miles SW of Holton-le-Clay r. station, and 6½ S by W of Great Grimsby. Post Town, Holton-le-Clay under Grimsby. Acres, 1,675. Real property, £2,640. Pop., 274. Houses, 60. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £310.* Patron, the Lord Chan cellor. The church is ancient. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and alms-houses with £30 a year.

Ashby cum Fenby through time

Ashby Cum Fenby is now part of North East Lincolnshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North East Lincolnshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ashby Cum Fenby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashby cum Fenby in North East Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11414

Date accessed: 25th November 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ashby Cum Fenby ".