Place:


Twigworth  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Twigworth like this:

TWIGWORTH, a hamlet in St. Mary-de-Lode parish, and a chapelry, partly also in St. Catherine parish, Gloucestershire. The hamlet lies 2½ miles N of Gloucester r. station. Real property, £1,398. Pop., 178. Houses, 34. The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Post town, Gloucester. Pop., 552. Houses, 103. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £100.* Patron, the Bishop of G. and B. The church is modern, and has a lofty spire.

Twigworth through time

Twigworth is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Twigworth itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Twigworth, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11406

Date accessed: 25th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Twigworth ".