Place:


Anwick  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Anwick like this:

ANWICK, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; near the Sleaford canal, 4½ miles ENE of Sleaford r. station. Post Town, Sleaford. Acres, 1,820. Real property, £2,773. Pop., 277. Houses, 58. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage annexed to the rectory of Branncewell, in the diocese of Lincoln. The church is good.

Anwick through time

Anwick is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Anwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Anwick, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11404

Date accessed: 12th April 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Anwick ".