Place:


Anderby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Anderby like this:

ANDERBY, a village and a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln. The village stands within a mile of the coast, 3¾ miles ENE of Willoughby r. station, and 5 E by S of Alford. A rivulet goes past it to the sea, and forms a small harbour; and a canal, cut in 1828, at a cost of £37,000, connects it with Alford. ...


The parish comprises 1,080 acres of land, and 765 of water. Post Town, Huttoft under Alford. Real property, £2,389. Pop., 276. Houses, 62. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory, united with Cumberworth, in the dio. of L. Value, £548.* Patron, Magd. College, Cambridge. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Anderby through time

Anderby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Anderby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Anderby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11402

Date accessed: 21st September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Anderby ".