Place:


Addlethorpe  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Addlethorpe like this:

ADDLETHORPE, a parish in Spilsby district, Lincoln; on the coast, 4½ miles NE of Burgh r. station, and 7½ SE of Alford. Post Town, Ingoldmells under Boston. Acres, 2,006. Real property, £4,553. Pop., 302. Houses, 53. The property is sub-divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £72.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is rich perpendicular English, and has several oak stalls and a chancel wooden screen. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £18.

Addlethorpe through time

Addlethorpe is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Addlethorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Addlethorpe, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11389

Date accessed: 25th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Addlethorpe ".