Place:


Staverton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Staverton like this:

STAVERTON, a parish, with a village, in Cheltenham district, Gloucester; 4 miles W of Cheltenham r. station. Post town, Cheltenham. Acres, 720. Real property, £1,682. Pop. 315. Houses, 68. S. Court is the seat of Capt. J. L. St. Clair; and S. House, of H. Sheldon, Esq. The living is a vicarage, united with Boddington, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £436.* Patron, Mrs. Blagdon. The church is early English.

Staverton through time

Staverton is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Staverton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Staverton, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11325

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Staverton ".