Place:


Stanton  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanton like this:

STANTON, a parish, with a village, in Winchcomb district, Gloucester; 7½ miles SSE of Evesham r. station. Post town, Winchcomb, under Cheltenham. Acres, 1,650. Real property, £2,095. Pop. 280. Houses, 66. The manor belongs to J. W. Wynniatt, Esq. The living is a rectory, united with Snowshill, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £377.* Patron, the Rev. W. H. Bloxsome. The church is old. There are a Baptist chapel and a national school.

Stanton through time

Stanton is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanton, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11321

Date accessed: 13th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanton ".