Place:


Stanley Pontlarge  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanley Pontlarge like this:

STANLEY-PONTLARGE, a parish in Winchcomb district, Gloucester; 2 miles NW of Winchcomb, and 4¾ ENE of Cleeve r. station. Post town, Winchcomb, under Cheltenham. Acres, 960. Real property, £972. Pop., 57. Houses, 11. The manor belongs to the Earl of Wemyss. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Toddington. The church is ancient.

Stanley Pontlarge through time

Stanley Pontlarge is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanley Pontlarge itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanley Pontlarge, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11320

Date accessed: 28th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanley Pontlarge ".