Place:


Little Sodbury  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Sodbury like this:

SODBURY (Little), a parish in Chipping-Sodbury district, Gloucester; 3¾ miles E by N of Yate r. station. Post town, Chipping-Sodbury. Acres, 1,071. Real property, £1,769. Pop., 143. Houses, 26. The manor belongs to W. H. H. Hartley, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £235.* Patron, W. H. H. Hartley, Esq. The church was built in 1859. Tyndale, the translator of the Scriptures, was for some time a resident.

Little Sodbury through time

Little Sodbury is now part of South Gloucestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Gloucestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Sodbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Sodbury in South Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11297

Date accessed: 06th June 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Sodbury ".