Place:


Stapleton  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stapleton like this:

STAPLETON, a chapelry in Barwell parish, Leicester; 3¾ miles NNE of Hinckley r. station. Post town, Hinckley. Acres, 1,380. Real property, £2,405. Pop., 240. Houses, 53. The manor belongs to Mrs. Heaford. The living is annexed to Barwell. The church is old, and has a tower and spire.

Stapleton through time

Stapleton is now part of Hinckley and Bosworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hinckley and Bosworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stapleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stapleton, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11294

Date accessed: 25th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stapleton ".