Place:


Shipton Moyne  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shipton Moyne like this:

SHIPTON-MOYNE, a parish, with a village, in Tetbury district, Gloucester; 2½ miles S by E of Tetbury, and 8¾ SSW of Tetbury-Road r. station. It has a post-office under Tetbury. Acres, 2,298. Real property, £3,790. Pop., 407. Houses, 84. The manor, with Estcourt House, belongs to the Right Hon. ...


T. H. S. S. Estcourt. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £442.* Patron, the Right Hon. T. H. S. S. Estcourt. The church, excepting the N porch and a small S chapel, was rebuilt in 1865. There are a slightly endowed school, and charities £18.

Shipton Moyne through time

Shipton Moyne is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shipton Moyne itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shipton Moyne, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11268

Date accessed: 16th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shipton Moyne ".