Queniborough  Leicestershire


In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Queniborough like this:

QUEENIBOROUGH, a parish, with a village, in Barrow-upon Soar district, Leicestershire; on an affluent of the river Wreak, 2¼ miles E by N of Syston r. station, and 6¼ N N E of Leicester. Post-town, Syston, under Leicester. Acres, 1, 390. Real property, £4, 278. Pop., 511. Houses, 129. ...

The manor, with Upper Hall, belongs to Mrs. Williamson. Lower Hall is the seat of F. Ordish, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £106. Patron, T . Frewen, Esq. The church is decorated English, with tower and spire; and was restored in 1858. There are chapels for Baptists and Primitive Methodists, a national school, and charities £24.

Queniborough through time

Queniborough is now part of Charnwood district. Click here for graphs and data of how Charnwood has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Queniborough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Queniborough, in Charnwood and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.


Date accessed: 23rd January 2022

Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Queniborough ".