Place:


Peatling Magna  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Peatling Magna like this:

PEATLING-MAGNA, a parish, with a village, in Lutterworth district, Leicester; on an affluent of the river Soar, 2½ miles S E of Countesthorpe r. station, and 6½ N E by N of Lutterworth. It has a post-office under Lutterworth. Acres, 1, 900. Real property, £3, 341. Pop., 272. Houses, 68. The manor belongs to W. Smith, Esq. The living is a vicarage, annexed to therectory of Willoughby-Waterless, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is old, and has a tower and spire. There is a national school.

Peatling Magna through time

Peatling Magna is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Peatling Magna itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Peatling Magna, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11211

Date accessed: 28th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Peatling Magna ".