Place:


Normanton le Heath  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Normanton le Heath like this:

NORMANTON-LE-HEATH, a chapelry in Nailstone parish, Leicester; 1¾ mile E of the boundary with Warwick, and 2½ S E by S of Ashby-de-la-Zouch r. station. Post-town, Ashby-de-la-Zouch. Acres, 1, 320. Real property, £2, 680. Pop., 178. Houses, 36. The property belongs to Lord Belper. ...


The chapelry is a meet for the Atherstone hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £210.* Patron, the Crown. The church is ancient; was restored in 1853; and has a tower and spire, beautiful windows, and an old carved screen. There are a Wesleyan chapel and a national school.

Normanton le Heath through time

Normanton le Heath is now part of North West Leicestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North West Leicestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Normanton le Heath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Normanton le Heath in North West Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11189

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Normanton le Heath ".