Place:


Saintbury  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Saintbury like this:

SAINTBURY, a parish in the district of Evesham and county of Gloucester; 1½ mile N E by N of Broadway, and 3¾ S of Honeybourne r. station. Post-town, Broad-way. Acres, 1, 336. Real property, £2, 288. Pop., 121. Houses, 27. The manor was anciently called Suineberie, after King Sweyne; and belongs now to Sir J. M. Steele-Grave, Bart. The living is a rectory in the diocese o Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £415.* Patron, J. R. West, Esq. The church is good, and has a spire. Charities, £6.

Saintbury through time

Saintbury is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Saintbury itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Saintbury, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11165

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Saintbury ".