Place:


Allerthorpe  Yorkshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Allerthorpe like this:

ALLERTHORPE, a township and a parish in Pocklington district, E. R. Yorkshire. The township lies near the Pocklington canal and the Market-Weighton railway, 2 miles SW of Pocklington. Acres, 1,565. Real property, £1,949. Pop., 147. Houses, 36. Part of the area is common. The parish includes also the township of Waplington. Post Town, Pocklington under York. Acres, 2,355. Real property, £2,125. Pop., 205. Houses, 43. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Thornton, in the diocese of York. Charities, £19 and two houses.

Allerthorpe through time

Allerthorpe is now part of East Riding of Yorkshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Riding of Yorkshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Allerthorpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Allerthorpe in East Riding of Yorkshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11130

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Allerthorpe ".