Place:


Aldbrough  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aldbrough like this:

ALDBROUGH, a township and a subdistrict in the district of Richmond, N. R. Yorkshire. The township is in the parish of St. John Stanwick, on a tributary of the Tees, 7 miles N by E of Richmond; and has a post office under Darlington. Acres, 1,636. Real property, £3,099. Pop., 420. Houses, 109. There is a Wesleyan chapel.-The subdistrict comprises two entire parishes and part of a third. Acres, 11,996. Pop., 1,706. Houses, 390.

Aldbrough through time

Aldbrough is now part of Richmondshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Richmondshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aldbrough itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aldbrough, in Richmondshire and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11115

Date accessed: 28th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aldbrough ".