Place:


Pinnock  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pinnock like this:

PINNOCK and HYDE, a township chiefly in Didbrook parish, Gloucester; 4½ miles E by S of Winchcomb. Acres, 1,050. Real property, with Ford, £1, 799. Pop., 50. Houses, 10. It ranks ecclesiastically as a parish; and the living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Didbrook; but there is no church.

Pinnock through time

Pinnock is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Pinnock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pinnock, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11087

Date accessed: 13th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Pinnock ".