Place:


Yealand Conyers  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Yealand Conyers like this:

YEALAND-CONYERS, a township and a chapelry in Warton parish, Lancashire. The township lies 1½ mile SSW of Burton and Holme r. station, and 2½ N by E of Carnforth; and has a post-office under Lancaster-Acres, 1,577. Real property, £2,655. Pop., 272. Houses, 50. Leighton Hall, Prospect house , and Morecambe Lodge are chief residences.—The chapelry includes Y.-Redmayne, and comprises 3,676 acres. ...


Pop., 481. Houses, 90. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value £255.* Patrons, Hyndman's Trustees. The church is good; and there are chapels for Quakers and Roman Catholics, and a national school.

Yealand Conyers through time

Yealand Conyers is now part of Lancaster district. Click here for graphs and data of how Lancaster has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Yealand Conyers itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Yealand Conyers, in Lancaster and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11066

Date accessed: 24th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Yealand Conyers ".