Place:


Whittingham  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whittingham like this:

WHITTINGHAM, a township in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; 5 miles NNE of Preston. Acres, 4,322. Real property, £4,741. Pop., 583. Houses, 195. W. House is the seat of J. L. Harrison, Esq.; and Gleadale House, of H. B. Jones, Esq. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Whittingham through time

Whittingham is now part of Preston district. Click here for graphs and data of how Preston has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whittingham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whittingham, in Preston and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11032

Date accessed: 24th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whittingham ".