Place:


Newington Bagpath  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newington Bagpath like this:

NEWINGTON-BAGPATH, a parish, with a village, in Tetbury district, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, 4 miles S E by E of Dursley r. station, and 4½ W N W of Tetbury. Post-town, Wotton-under-Edge. Acres, 2, 131. Real property, £2, 477. Pop., 242. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. ...


The manor belongs to Col. Kingscote. Bagpath Court was formerly a mansion, and is now a farm-house. The living is a rectory, united with the p. curacy of Owlpen, in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £450. Patron, Col. Kingscote. The church is early English, and the chancel was lately rebuilt. There is a national school.

Newington Bagpath through time

Newington Bagpath is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Newington Bagpath itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newington Bagpath, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11012

Date accessed: 26th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Newington Bagpath ".