Place:


Egremont  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Egremont like this:

EGREMONT, a parish in the district of Narberth, and county of Carmarthen; on the river Cleddau, at the verge of the county, near Narberth-Road r. station, 4 miles NNE of Narberth. Post town, Narberth. Acres, 1, 006. Real property, £829. Pop., 124. Houses, 26. The property is divided among a few. Stone is quarried. The living is a donative in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £51. Patron, R. Mansell, Esq. The church is not very good.

Egremont through time

Egremont is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Egremont itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Egremont, in Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11006

Date accessed: 17th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Egremont".