Place:


Maisemore  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Maisemore like this:

MAISEMORE, a village and a parish in the district and county of Gloucester. The village stands near the river Severn, 2 miles NNW of Gloucester r. station; and has post office under Gloucester. The parish comprises 1,930 acres. Real property, £5,033. Pop., 5l. Houses, 107. Maisemole Lodge iS the sea of J. ...


F. Sevier, esq., and stands on high Ground, commanding a fine view over the Severn. Springhill is the residence of the Misses Crawley. A bridge crosses an affluent of the Severn; and was rebuilt after the siege of Gloucester. A Roman settlement was at Overton. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £120. * Patron, the Bishop of Gloucester. The church has Norman features; and the chancel was rebuilt in 1844, and the rest restored and enlarged in 1869.

Maisemore through time

Maisemore is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Maisemore itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Maisemore, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10989

Date accessed: 24th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Maisemore ".