Place:


Littleton upon Severn  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Littleton upon Severn like this:

LITTLETON-UPON-SEVERN, a parish in Thornbury district, Gloucester; on the river Severn, 3 miles W of Thornbury, and 4¼ NNE of New Passage r. station. Post town, Almondsbury, under Bristol. Acres, 1,665; of which 690 are water. Real property, £1,793; of which £15 are in fisheries. ...


Pop., 195. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. The manor and most of the land belong to R.Lippincott, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £52.* Patron, R.Lippincott, Esq. The church is early English, in good condition; consists of nave, aisle, and chancel, with porch and tower; and has a Norman font.

Littleton upon Severn through time

Littleton upon Severn is now part of South Gloucestershire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Gloucestershire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Littleton upon Severn itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Littleton upon Severn in South Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10953

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Littleton upon Severn ".