Place:


Llandilo Abercowin  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llandilo Abercowin like this:

LLANDILO-ABERCOWIN, a parish in the district and county of Carmarthen; at the influx of the river Cywyn to the Taff, 4 miles SE by S of St. Clears r. station, and 8 SW of Carmarthen. Post town, St. Clears, Acres, 922; of which 40 are water. Real property, £690. Pop., 77. Houses, 16. The property is divided among a few. An hospital for pilgrims stood near the church, and has left some remains. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £70. Patron, J. G. Hughes, Esq. The church was reported in 1859 as not good.

Llandilo Abercowin through time

Llandilo Abercowin is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llandilo Abercowin itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llandilo Abercowin in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: https://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10950

Date accessed: 15th June 2024


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llandilo Abercowin".