Place:


Lassington  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lassington like this:

LASSINGTON, a parish in the district and county of Gloucester; on an affluent of the river Leadon, and on the Hereford and Gloucester canal, 2 miles NW of Gloucester r. station. Post-town, Gloucester. Acres, 535. Real property, £835. Pop., 73. Houses, 12. Most of the property belongs to Sir J. W. Guise, Bart. A very large oak is here, known as the Lassington Oak. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £120. Patrons, Sir J. W. Guise, Bart., and the Bishop of Gloucester. The church is good.

Lassington through time

Lassington is now part of Tewkesbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tewkesbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lassington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lassington, in Tewkesbury and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10942

Date accessed: 19th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lassington ".