Place:


Treales  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Treales like this:

TREALS, a township-chapelry, with three hamlets, in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; near Kirkham r. station. Post town, Kirkham, under Preston. Acres, 4,015. Real property, £5,321. Pop., 632. Houses, 120. The manor belongs to the Earl of Derby. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £100.* Patron, the Vicar of Kirkham. The church was built in 1856; the parsonage, in 1863. There are an endowed school, and charities £10.

Treales through time

Treales is now part of Fylde district. Click here for graphs and data of how Fylde has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Treales itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Treales, in Fylde and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10928

Date accessed: 24th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Treales ".